1. ORGANISER AND DURATION OF THE COMPETITION
1.1. The organiser of the photography competition promoting student mobility in the Erasmus+ programme entitled ”ERASMUS plus ME”, hereinafter referred to as the Competition, is the University of Szczecin – International Relations Department (IRD), hereinafter referred to as the Organiser.
1.2. Contact with the Organiser can be made via e-mail to the following address email@example.com. Any correspondence and questions referring to the Competition shall be directed at the above address.
1.3. Competition works can be sent within the period from 01 to 31 of May, 2022 until 03:00 p.m. The awards ceremony will take place on June 10, 2022, at the IRD.
1.4. The organiser reserves the right to change the dates specified in point 1.3.
1.5. The organiser does not charge any fees for participation in the Competition.
1.6. The organiser does not cover the costs related to participation in the Competition. These costs are covered by the Participant on his/her own.
2. IDEA OF THE COMPETITION
The idea of the Competition is to select the best photos that will illustrate the US student’s or graduate’s experience related to the exchange stay under the Erasmus+ programme during the SARS-COV-2 pandemic. The participants’ task is to capture the cultural aspects of their scholarship stay.
3.1. Persons who have applied for their participation in the Competition, on the terms set out in these Regulations, are referred to as ”Participants” in these Regulations.
3.2. The Participant of the Competition may be a US student, a PhD student or a graduate, who participated in student mobility for studies (SMS) or for placement (SMP) in the Erasmus+ programme in the academic year 2020/2021 and/or 2021/2022.
3.3. Persons taking part in preparing and conducting the Competition, Competition Jury members and their closest relatives cannot participate in the Competition.
4. ZGŁOSZENIE UDZIAŁU W KONKURSIE. WYMAGANIA DOTYCZĄCE ZDJĘCIA
4.1. Submitting a photo for the Competition may be done via the website: http://dsm.usz.edu.pl/konkursy enclosing a photo in the Form filled out on the website and entering the title of the photo. The Organiser does not bear responsibility for incorrect data, provided in the Participant Application Form, making it impossible to find the Participant and/or hand the award.
4.2. Photos submitted for the Competition shall be sent in the form of an individual application or a team application. In case of a team application, the award is granted the team as a whole and is not subject to multiplication.
4.3. Every Participant can submit the maximum of two photos with a resolution of at least 1000 pixels each (shorter side of the photo).
4.4. Only photos, that have not yet been published, awarded and do not take part in any other competition during the Competition, can be submitted.
4.5. Photos submitted to the Competition cannot violate the law, including especially personal rights of third parties as well as the generally accepted moral standards – in particular, this applies to content commonly considered vulgar and offensive, containing pornography, eroticism, offending other people’s feelings, including religious feelings, portraying violence or racist material, containing materials protected by exclusive rights (e.g. copyright) without the consent of the entitled.
4.6. Participating in the Competition on the rules indicated in these Regulations, the Competition Participant declares that he/she:
- has exclusive and unlimited copyrights to the provided photo and that all persons appearing in the photo consent to the use of their image, publication of the production and public presentation.
- obliges to grant the Organiser free and territorially unlimited license for public sharing of the photo by the Organiser and/or the Service Provider (including the right to sublicense) for the purposes of the delivery and promotion of the Competition as well as all activities necessary to share the photo and to deliver the Competition, especially including entering the photo into computer networks, the Internet, multiple recording and reproduction using any technique, sending the photo to other cooperating entities in any form and in any way and also for handing the sent photo to the Jury in the aim of its assessment in accordance with point 5 of these Regulations.
- consents to placing the Organiser’s logos on the photo.
- in the case of receiving an award in the Competition, the Participant is obliged to consent to multiple, free of charge publication of the awarded photo (including the right to sublicense) without territorial limitations and to the publication of his/her name, surname, place of residence in the promotional materials related to the Competition, including its use for promotional and marketing purposes of the Organiser, including in particular, the recording and reproduction of the photo using any technique, including digital, audio-visual, on any media, without limitation as to the quantity and size of the circulation as well as to the dissemination of the photo by making it available to the public in such a way that everyone can have access to it at the place and time chosen by them, especially in computer networks, the Internet, the Intranet and the TV.
- releases the Organiser from liability for publishing the photo submitted by him/her. In the case of any claims made by third parties for non-compliance with the factual and/or legal status of the declarations referred to in point 4.7 or for infringement of the rights of a third party, the Participant commits to settling all related obligations. In the case the Organiser covers any claims made by third parties for non-compliance with the factual and/or legal status of the declarations referred to in 4.7 or for infringement of their rights, the Participant commits to covering all the related costs.
5. ASSESSMENT OF PHOTOS
5.1. All photos submitted to the Competition are subject to assessment of the Jury appointed by the Organiser, the members of which will be representatives of the IRD.
5.2. The Jury makes an assessment after the end of applications considering, in particular, the quality, novelty and creativity of the submitted photos and will choose the Winners of the Competition.
5.3. Results of the Competition will be published on the website of the Competition http://dsm.usz.edu.pl/konkursy. The Winners will be informed about the Jury’s decision by the Organiser via e-mail.
5.4. Among the submitted photos, the Jury will choose the maximum of 3 (three) which in its opinion will be the closest to the delivery of the Competition’s assumptions. The Jury is not obliged to justify its decisions and present information about the course of the proceedings.
5.5. The Jury reserves the right to divide the awards differently.
5.6. The decisions of the Jury are final and legally binding for all Participants of the Competition.
6.1. The condition for receiving the award is granting a license to the photo enabling, among others, publication of the photo on the Internet on the conditions set out in the Regulations and the concluded agreement. In the case of not granting the license, the Organiser will not grant the award and the Jury will be entitled to changing the verdict and to selecting another Winner. A model license agreement will be available on the website http://dsm.usz.edu.pl/konkursy. The signed license agreement shall be delivered to the Organiser within the period of 5 working days from the date the Participant receives information about selecting him/her as the Winner of the Competition and on June 6, 2022, at the latest.
6.2. The awards in the Competition are 3 (three) gift vouchers to be redeemed in the Galeria Kaskada shopping center in Szczecin worth PLN 500.00 (five hundred zlotys 00/100) for the first place, PLN 350.00 (three hundred and fifty zlotys 00/100) for the second place and PLN 200.00 (two hundred and fifty zlotys 00/100) for the third place. Each Winner receives 1 (one) voucher, subject to the provisions of point 4.2.
6.3. Awards are not subject to exchange for a cash equivalent.
6.4. The Organiser reserves the right to changing the awards in the Competition.
7. FINAL PROVISIONS
7.1. The Regulations of the Competition are available on the website http://dsm.usz.edu.pl/konkursy.
7.2. The Organiser reserves the right to change the Regulations at any time, as long as it does not deteriorate the conditions of participation in the Competition.
7.3. Participants who do not meet any of the requirements set out in these Regulations or provide false information will be disqualified and the submitted photo will not take part in the Competition and will not be subject to assessment.
7.4. The Organiser is entitled to cancel the Competition without providing any reason at any stage of the Competition and until the Winners are selected.
7.5. To matters not covered by these Regulations, the relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply.
7.6. Participating in the Competition is tantamount to the consent to the processing of personal data by the Organiser for the purpose of organising the Competition in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repelling Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR).
7.7. Providing personal data is voluntary but necessary to participate in the Competition.
7.8. Messages and information on the Competition will be published on the website http://dsm.usz.edu.pl/konkursy.
7.9. Schedule of the Competition:
- announcement of the Competition: April 1, 2022,
- deadline for submitting photos: May 31, 2022, 03:00 p.m.,
- notification of the Participants about the results: June 6, 2022 at the latest,
- handing out awards: June 10, 2022, place: IRD.
Photo licencse agreement