Formal procedures of applying for a study period at the University of Szczecin (Learning mobility for higher education students between EU Member States and third countries not associated to the Programme. Project 2022-1-PL01-KA171-HED-000068795 (1.08.2022 – 31.07.2025)
- The students eligible to apply for a study period at the University of Szczecin are students officially registered at the sending Higher Education Institution (HEI) and who at the moment of the arrival to the University of Szczecin have completed at least 1st year of their bachelor studies.
- The HEIs participating in the project are listed in the appendix to the financial agreement no. 2022-1-PL01-KA171-HED-000068795.
- The period of study at the University of Szczecin lasts one semester (minimum period of stay: 2 months) and is carried out in a.y. 2023/24 or 2023/25.
- Students should be guaranteed academic recognition of studies carried out at the University of Szczecin as equivalent to a period of study at their home HEI. For this purpose, a scale set out by the sending and receiving HEIs will apply.
- Implementation of the mobility is organized in accordance with the principles set out in the guide for Erasmus + Programme Guide published at http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/resources/programme-guide and guidelines of Polish National Agency of Erasmus+ Programme.
- The selection process takes place at the sending HEI according to the rules set out by the home University and Erasmus + Programme Guide.
- The partner sending HEI send to International Relations Department of the University of Szczecin a ranking list of the students nominated for a study period at least two months before the mobility starts. The list of the students nominated for the exchange should include student’s: name, surname, e-mail address and field of study.
- The nominated students apply on-line according to the instructions provided by the International Relations Department of the University of Szczecin. The obligatory documents to be filed are:
– online application form,
– a transcript of records,
– a scan of a valid passport,
– a scan of health insurance coverage valid for the entire period of planned mobility and on the territory of Poland,
– a scan of English/other required language proficiency confirmation:
-a certificate confirming language competence at minimum B1 level (according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) issued by an accredited body, or
_a confirmation of placement test results at minimum B1 level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) issued by the relevant unit at the sending HEI, or
-the results of the Online Linguistic Support test at minimum B1 level.
This requirement does not apply to students nominated to study foreign languages at the Faculty of Humanities.
- If the number of nominated students exceeds the budget foreseen in the project, the international exchange coordinator at the respective unit selects the students on a basis of their academic performance and academic offer provided by the University of Szczecin.
- The accepted student prepares their Learning Agreement which must be approved by the responsible person at the sending HEI home and a respective coordinator(s) at the University of Szczecin.
- The grant agreement is signed with the student when their Learning Agreement has been approved by both HEIs. The grant agreement is trilateral and should be signed by the student and both HEIs before the beginning of the mobility.
- International Relations Department of the University of Szczecin issues an invitation and any other relevant documents related to the visa application process.
- The student receives a grant of 800 Euro per month and additional grant to cover travel expenses calculated upon a distance using a calculator provided by the European Commission
|10 – 99 km:
|100 – 499 km:
|500 -1999 km
|2000 – 2999 km:
|3000 – 3999 km
|4000 – 7999 km
|8000 km lub więcej
- Sustainable means of transport (green travel) is defined as the travel that uses low-emissions means of transport for the main part of the travel, such as bus, train or car-pooling. Students who opt for a green travel will receive up to 4 days of additional individual support to cover travel days for a return trip, if relevant.
- Top-up amount to individual support and/or travel support for green travel is granted on a basis of student’s statement in the application form. A student is required to show proof of the green travel ( eg. bus ticket, confirmation from car-pooling application, etc.) before the end of their mobility.
- Students are allowed to make changes to their LAs within 3 weeks from the beginning of each semester. Changes have to be made in ‘DURING THE MOBILITY’ section on a basis of the section ‘Before the mobility’.
- ‘DURING THE MOBILITY’ section signed by the student, a responsible person at the sending HEI and the relevant exchange coordinator at the University of Szczecin should be uploaded to the student’s online application.
- Once the student has completed all their courses and knows the results of their exams, they fill in the Examination sheet with all the courses that are to be included in the recognition outcomes. In case the student received the examination sheet from the dean’s office, they do not have to fill the IRD’s template as well, on the condition the other document includes all the required information.
- On the basis of the above-mentioned examination sheet, a responsible person at the IRD fills out ‘AFTER THE MOBILITY’ section of the Learning Agreement. This sections includes all student’s grades as well as the period of their mobility.
- ‘AFTER THE MOBILITY’ section is sent by email and by post to the student’s home University.
- In case of students accommodated in the student dormitory, their LA ‘AtM’ will be issued no earlier than after the student has checked out from the dormitory without due payments.
- The home university of the student prepares Table E of AFTER THE MOBILITY and sends it to the IRD by email and by post, if possible.
Developed by mgr Małgorzata Kopalska,
Deputy Head of the International Office
Approved by dr hab. Kinga Flaga-Gieruszyńska,prof.US,
Vice-Rector for Organisation
Original documents available
at the International Relations Dept. by request.