The first step when applying for a study period at The University of Szczecin is when the partner HEI (higher education institution) sends the nomination of the selected students. The nomination should be sent via e-mail to the person responsible for incoming students at the International Office (see: Contact Us section) and they should include student’s: name, surname, sex, field of study, cycle of study, department and the semester chosen at the University of Szczecin, e-mail address. The next step is for the selected students to send us their application documents.
To complete the Application Form the student should first download it from the website (Application form). Then, this document should be filled in using BLACK PRINTED letters and sent ( the scanned version) to the International Office contact person for incoming students.(see: Contact Us section).
Learning Agreement (download)
The student should also prepare their Learning Agreement, which must be approved by the responsible person(s) at the home HEI, and then send it (the scanned version) to the International Office contact person for incoming students (see: Contact Us section).It is important that not to make any changes to one’s signed LA, the section BEFORE THE MOBILITY, after arrival. This sections contains the following tables:
- Table A – courses that the student will take at the University of Szczecin;
- Table B – courses at the student’s home university which correspond to the courses in table A.
! The Learning Agreement must be accepted by the Faculty hosting the student before their arrival !
The following enclosures must be sent together with the application documents via e-mail:
- copy of student’s passport or identity card
- European health insurance card (EHIC) or any private health insurance, valid for the entire period of study in Poland
- English certificate confirming language competence at minimum B1 level (according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) issued by an accredited body OR a confirmation of placement test results at minimum B1 level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) issued by the relevant unit at the home HEI. OR the results of the Online Linguistic Support test (printscreen). This requirement does not apply to students nominated to study foreign languages at the Faculty of Philology or Italian Studies at the Faculty of Theology.
Letter of Acceptance
After the student has been successfully accepted by the Faculty, an acceptance e-mail is sent by our office to the student. The University of Szczecin can send acceptance letters for exchange students upon request, but only for visa requirements. The acceptance email is an official confirmation that the student has been accepted to the University of Szczecin. The email/letter is necessary to apply for a residence permit or to start the visa procedure in the student’s home country.
Deadlines for nomination/application
For the winter semester:
Nomination no later than 30th April, application documents no later than 31st May
For the summer semester:
Nomination no later than 30th November, application documents no later than 31st December.